Insulating Dough Recipe
You can make your own insulating dough (a.k.a. sugar dough) with a few simple ingredients from your kitchen.
Pair it with conductive dough and let your imagination run wild! The possibilities are endless.
Insulating dough ingredients list
Here are a list of items you’ll need to make your own insulating dough.
- 130g Flour
- 100g Sugar
- 51ml Cooking oil
- Food colouring
- Water (distilled water if available)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
How to make your own insulating dough (no cook recipe)
1. Pour flour and sugar into a bowl.
2. Add 51ml of oil and a few drops off food colouring.
3. Add water bit by bit. Keep stirring to mix.
4. Repeat steps 3 until large sandy lumps begin to form.
5. Sprinkle some flour onto a tray.
6. Place dough on tray.
7. Knead dough. Add flour or water until it feels like play dough.
Time to get creative
Place insulating dough (yellow dough) in between conductive dough (blue dough). Place LED bulb legs in conductive dough.